On June 27, 2019, the Church of the Cross will celebrate its 165th Anniversary.
On June 27, 1854, the Building Committee accepted Edward Brickell White's architectural design for the Church. The contract was for a building to seat 500 persons for a cost of $5,000.
On July 18, 19 and 20, 1857, the first services were held in the new Church.
On June 27, 1954, the 100th Anniversary was commemorated by the Retired Bishop of South Carolina, the Rev. Albert Sidney Thomas. His Historical Sermon is the source of our first 100 years of history.
On June 27, 2004, the 150th Anniversary was celebrated not only at the Church but with the ground breaking ceremony for the Cross Schools Campus.
This June 27, 2019 sees the construction of the Chapel on the Cross Schools Campus that houses the Cross Schools and expanded facilities built during these last fifteen years.
Information from the Church History Committee